Donald Trump to temporarily suspend immigration into US

US President Donald Trump has said that he will sign an executive order to temporarily suspend immigration to the United States as the country tries to stop the spread of coronovirus. Trump tweeted on late Monday night, and did not specify, such as the time frame or scope of who would be affected.




"In view of the attack from the invisible enemy, as well as the need to protect the jobs of our great American citizens, I will sign an executive order to temporarily suspend immigration," Trump said in a tweet.

It is the latest measure taken by Trump and his administration to restrict the US border between epidemics. Trump has imposed extensive travel restrictions on China, Europe, Canada and Mexico to prevent the spread of the virus, and the State Department last month suspended regularly suspended visa services in embassies and consulates.

US Citizenship and Immigration Services has already suspended routine in-person services, but is still offering some emergency services.

The president has often said that the epidemic has strengthened his desire to restrict access to America and even manufacture some products on home soil.

The crackdown on illegal immigration and the promise to erect a wall on the Mexican border made Trump the focal point of 2016 election campaign.

On Monday The US Congress turned to a $450 billion deal to help small businesses and hospitals hurt by the coronovirus epidemic, with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi saying negotiators have lived up to the 'principles' of the package as the Senate said on Tuesday Session was scheduled. A possible vote.

Thousands of Americans are protesting nationwide about its economic bottom line, and on Monday, the focal point was Pennsylvania and its capital Harrisburg.

Trump has rejoiced at the protest, even with health officials warning that a very rapid reopening could pose a risk of a resurgence of the deadly outbreak.

The highly contagious virus has now killed more than 42,000 people in the United States, the country with the most deaths.

Under pressure to reopen their communities and economies, several US governors have insisted that the coronovirus test first be dramatically overthrown with federal help.

But Trump insisted that enough testing had been done and the federal government was doing its job.

Trump opened fire as part of his response to the crisis, as he sought re-election in November, to deal with the outbreak on the WHO and cut US funding for the global health body.

WHO chief Tedros Adnom Ghebayeus said on Monday that the agency had sounded the alarm cautiously.

Post a comment

0 Comments